Junior system administrator wanted!
Hi there! We at Newired are looking for a junior frontend engineer to join our team in Ostrava. Someone who will help us build our global onboarding solution that eases users to adopt complex products.
What do we do?
Long story short, we create a code-free onboarding solution – web overlay guidance helping users of any web application.
Now, let’s see why we need you 😎
Our company has been operating in the field for 5 years. We have a great development team in Ostrava, where there is a friendly, family atmosphere, and several other product-oriented teams and people around the world. For starters, you would help us fine-tune the details of our product, as details often determine the whole. Over time, more complex tasks would come up. If you want to move further under the guidance of seniors and gain experience we are happy to welcome you.
What you will do
- Virtual machines management (Linux, Windows, Mac)
- Backup management
- Preparation of new virtualizations
- Assignment of hardware resources
- Management of internal tools as GitLab, Mattermost
- Management and monitoring of cloud infrastructure
- Updating infrastructure documentation
- Innovation of structure, tools, etc.
What we really need you to handle 💪
- Basic knowledge of Git, networking,
- Willingness to learn
- Communicative knowledge of English, because it is a key language in our field.
Those nice-to-have skills that get you some bonus points ✅
- Linux Proxmox, Linux VMware, Parallels Desktop for Mac
- Docker, Gitlab CI, Ansible, Terraform
And how do we imagine you as a member of the team? 🙋♀️🙋♂️
- You’re a team player, happy to help and ask for help, ready to brainstorm with your team in order to come up with the best solution possible.
- Open-mindedness and creativity are key. Engineering is an ever-evolving world. You should enjoy playing with new tech and exploring areas that you might not have experienced yet.
- Your focus on the solution, not the problem.
- You love doing things efficiently but with a certain level of precision.
What you can expect from us 🤝
- Interesting long term job in a globally operating company where you can grow technically and personally
- Principles of functional programming. In frontend, it means we adopt tools and frameworks that allow us to use data immutability, pure functions, and a single source of truth.
- Elm – Language, and architecture that was the inspiration for Redux and stays on the same principles.
- TypeScript – Using its capabilities for functional programming.
- Using Electron technology
We are a well-treated bunch; see for yourself:
- Competitive salary in a fast-growing company
- Generous vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- We’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Currently, we all work partly remotely, and partly we meet in our offices in the center of Ostrava on designated days of the week.
- We’re happy to employ you on a full time contract or you can work for us on a contractor base (ICO). The choice is yours.
Instead of reading all of that twice, please just contact us. We will be glad to talk to you.