Frontend engineer wanted!
Hi there! We at Newired are looking for a skilled frontend engineer (2+ years experience) to join our team in Ostrava. Someone who will help us build our global onboarding solution that eases users to adopt complex products.
What do we do?
Long story short, we create a code-free onboarding solution — a guidance overlay to help users of any web-based software. If you are familiar with ERP or CRM systems, you may know that these are a keeper. Sometimes such software remains in a company for decades and is inherited from user to user. With Newired Journeys’ help, the onboarding, guidance, and tooltips can make these, often non-intuitive, products more easy-to-use. This is especially important nowadays as many businesses are moving into the digital world and need to prepare their users for such transformation.
So far, so good? Then keep reading! 🙌
Now, let's see why we need you 😎
We are a 4 years old (or young? :) ) company that has a great family-cultured R&D team in Ostrava and a couple more teams and product people around the world. And right now, we are in dire need of an open-minded, eager to experiment vigorous engineer to help us grow even faster. Plus, if you enjoy the world of Machine learning, you're one of us.
What we really need you to handle 💪
- Git for version control
- Your code is clean, and you know your Test Driven Development techniques
- Good knowledge of technical English as this is a key industry's language
Those nice-to-have skills that get you some bonus points ✅
- Redux and immutable data principles knowledge
- React knowledge
- Functional programming experience. We use TypeScript and Elm.
- You have some experience with Java
- Interest in Serverless architecture (e.g., AWS)
And how do we imagine you as a member of the team? 🙋♀️🙋♂️
- You're a team player, happy to help and ask for help, ready to brainstorm with your team in order to come up with the best solution possible.
- Open-mindedness and creativity are key. Engineering is an ever-evolving world. You should enjoy playing with new tech and exploring areas that you might not have experienced yet.
- Your focus on the solution, not the problem.
- You love doing things efficiently but with a certain level of precision.
What you can expect from us 🤝
- Interesting long term job in a globally operating company where you can grow technically and personally
- Principles of functional programming. In frontend, it means we adopt tools and frameworks that allow us to use data immutability, pure functions, and a single source of truth.
- Elm - Language, and architecture that was the inspiration for Redux and stays on the same principles.
- TypeScript - With using its capabilities for functional programming.
- Using Electron technology
We are a well-treated bunch; see for yourself:
- Competitive salary in a fast-growing company
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Generous vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- We’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Right now we all work remotely. But when things calm down, we meet at our offices in the center of Ostrava. However, you are free to split your time between offices and your home flexibly.
- We're happy to employ you on a full time contract or you can work for us on a contractor base (ICO). The choice is yours.